Wednesday, April 7, 2010

We are playing catch up today

I didn't post yesterday as I had a doctor's appointment and was unable to post until today about yesterday. So, I am playing catch up with my blog and homeschooling. We will be doing some review today with our alphabet and numbers as usual. David will use fingerpaints to paint his alphabet letters. We are starting to learn vowels and will be singing a vowel song today to help reinforce the vowel letters. We are also learning about insects and bugs this week. David will be learning the short "a" vowel sound and practicing words with the sound also. David will also learn about communities and what makes up a community. We will read some books on butterflies and moths. We can actually go outside today and look for bugs and butterlies since it is finally Spring! Yay! I just saw a butterfly this morning so it will be nice to get outside and enjoy the weather too. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. I hate finger paints, but I have to say it is a great way for preschoolers to get the feel of how to actually make shapes, numbers, and letters before they actually have to hold a pencil to do it. It is not as hot today, and I got some gardening done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting some gardening done Ms. Melissa! What all did you plant? I can't wait to plant some more things. You are way ahead of me in the gardening so I need to hurry up and get going on my planting. Yes, fingerpaints are messy but a great learning tool as you said.

    ReplyDelete