Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My first day of blogging

January 20, 2010

This is my first blog and my first post. I have never blogged before. I have only read other people's blogs. I thought I would give blogging a try since I enjoy reading other blogs. Maybe someone might enjoy reading mine.

My purpose of this blog is to share my homeschooling daily life and other adventures that happen each day in and outside of our home.

Today was a typical day in our homeschool. We woke up around 8:00 AM and started with our morning breakfast of oatmeal and fruit. My son is 5 years old and we are using Alpha Omega Horizons preschool curriculum with him along with Sonlight curriculum. I love both of them and we have been enjoying the activities that go along with them. I also supplement with a workbook called Learn At Home. It has daily lesson plans and wonderful hands-on activities to do each day with your child. Today we built a birdfeeder using a pinecone found on our property. We put peanut butter on it and then spread the bird seed on that and then we hung it in a tree in our front yard. My son is so excited to see how many different types of birds we can attract with the new feeder.

We are also learning about dinosaurs this week which has been a great experience for me as I have learned many things that I didn't know about dinosaurs. We checked out some books from out local library on dinosaurs and they are very interesting. I have to say that our local library is a wonderful resource.

My son then started on his Hooked on Phonics lessons. He is learning what sounds the letters make. I am enjoying the HOP very much and it was recommended to me by a good friend.

That was our day for today. I am looking forward to blogging each day and sharing our lives with others. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ms. Kristy,
    I like your blog! I didn't know you were using Sonlight too! What are some of the books you are reading with Sonlight? Blessings, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Laura,

    Thanks for checking out my blog. Yes, we are using Sonlight. I am using the Core P 4/5 with Sonlight. The books we are currently reading are Family Time Bible, A Treasury of Mother Goose Rhymes, The Classic Tales of Brer Rabbit, The Children's Book of Virtues, Eric Carle's Animals Animals, A Child's Book of Art, Dr. Seuss' ABC, First Thousand Words, What's Under the Sea?, and Stories from Africa. We are really enjoying the Sonlight books.

    ReplyDelete