Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day

Happy President's Day to everyone! We are continuing our study on presidents by reading the book "Abraham Lincoln, President of a Divided Country". David will construct a paper Lincoln log cabin in honor of President's Day. I will be reading "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back" and also some books on animal babies. We will practice our letters again today and counting also. I will read The Lion and the Mouse from Aesop's Fable to David. We are going to try and make some reptile snakes out of string and beads and then we will take a nature walk and pretend to act out what we would do if we saw a snake and learn about how they like to live under bushes and rocks. Hopefully, we won't have to encounter a real snake! For P.E. we will make a snake path to hop and jump on for exercise. I hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Ha, this is the best time of year to encounter a snake. It is so cold, it would probably move at the pace of a snail LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miss Melissa! Thankfully, we didn't encounter one as I am deathly scared of them as is my hubby. Yes, I would think the cold weather would slow them down some. I hope you guys are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete